getting seriously impatient waiting for eggs!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by rachieboo, Feb 20, 2012.

1. rachieboo

rachieboo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2012
    Hiya everyone,
    Just want a bit of info from people that can help!I have two embdems, a goose and a gander,she's a year old and he's only 8-9 months. Just wondering if its too early for him to start mating first of all and also how much longer do I have to wait to try a yummy goose egg!? Everywhere I've looked and everyone I've spoken to says that their geese are already laying but so far I've had none! :( what signs do I need to look for etc and would appreciate any other tips anyone has please!

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i'm new to geese myself, but will tell you what i know so far. We have 10 month old Sebastopols. i am just now seeing our gander try mating one of the girls in the kiddie pool. He hasn't gotten it quite right yet, but he's trying. i have also read of folks with 9-10 month olds getting eggs. We don't have eggs yet, unless they're hiding them somewhere.

i know that breeding season is approximately February through June, so it is still early in the season. i say just hang in there and be patient. :) Hopefully more experienced folk will jump in with their comments.

3. rachieboo

rachieboo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2012
    Thank you :) the female keeps sitting down and getting very comfy with him guarding her so I'm hoping thats a sign of eggs to come!

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i hope so! i keep watching my geese, too. Saw them in the goat pen this morning, looking very interested in one corner. But, nothing so far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by