Getting the Coop Started - PICS (UPDATED)

vwoods

Songster
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Spotsylvania, Virginia
I just wanted to share a few pics from my husband's hard work yesterday. My son, Ian is helping out after school. Will post more as we go along. I'm very proud of my husband's handywork.

P1020863.jpg

P1020868.jpg

The little rectangular boxed out area on the back left side will be my egg access door so that we won't have to go into the coop to gather eggs.

Last edited:
That's coming along great! It's exciting isn't it ... watching your 'babies' home getting closer and closer to becoming a reality.

Keep the pictures coming...

This is going to be a very nice coop. The surrounding atmosphere is ideal. You should be proud it looks as if he is off to a great start. Cannot wait for additional pictures.

Ahh, you guys are so sweet. I got up this morning and the first thing I did was look out the window at my "Egg Shack". My daughter Hannah and I have dubbed it "the Egg Shack" - you know - it's a little ole place where they can get together and lay their eggs! Egg Shack Baby. Yeah.
smile.png

Hey, Poopcoop, it is an 8 X 10. Right now we only have 8 austalorps (about 4 weeks old) so we may partition off an area for supplies or we may have to get a few buffs to add to the fun! Jubaby, I looked at your coop on an earlier post and it is very impressive too! I always wanted to live in Texas!

Back
Top Bottom