Getting to know your neighbors, updated with new pic.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sherry, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I was sitting in the barn last night, I go up a little before the chickens' bedtime, just to see what I can see. About 6 deer came out to graze, I look toward the chicken pen. This one was going up to check out the chickens. I don't know if you can see the chicks very well or not, but all 7 were lined up on the side of the pen, checking out the deer. It was so funny. They line up for me when I bring treats, guess they figure if anything comes to visit they must be bearing gifts. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  2. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Sherry, I agree how could they, enjoy life that is? I have to add cats to that list.
    God's handy-work amazes me everyday. Looks like you have a beautiful place to have quiet time. That is when God speaks the loudest to me... when I get really quiet and marvel at the beauty around me. I am reminded that there has to be a God, who else could give us such a masterpiece to enjoy?[​IMG] Sorry, didn't mean to get up and preach this morning.[​IMG]

3. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    What a beautiful scene to accidently see. Isn't it great to happen upon a pure "Kodak God Moment"? I love it when these things happen. ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!!!

Edited for my spelling this morning. Poopybutt was up at 5am this morning just a crowing. Of course I had to get up to go see him and give him his morning hug and grass.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Beautiful pic [​IMG] thanks for sharing
    Miriam

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Thanks, great pic. I was driving around with my kids yesterday and pass a herd of deer in a nieghborhood. We saw 6 fawns! Wonderful!

6. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Lovely picture.....!

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Neat!!!

8. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    And here is what the new neighbors think about me taking their picture. (Can you see the tongue?) [​IMG]
    They come in every evening and morning. There were only six this evening and a buck has been here everyday this week. I'm anxious to see how his rack progresses over the summer. There's been as many as 16 come in at one time.
    [​IMG]

9. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    I love that pic!!! [​IMG] so neat.
    Miriam

10. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    do you think they are picking up scraps of chicken food/corn that maybe the birds have spilt outside the coop? There must be a reason they keep coming back. They are beautiful animals for sure...really makes me wonder how anyone could kill, skin and cook one. We have a single doe around our back field which we see every other day or so...never close to the house though. She is really beautiful and it really makes my wife and kids and me smile just to see her and see that she is doing ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by