Getting white silkies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MagsC, Oct 26, 2008.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    We are supposed to be getting a trio of white silkies from a BYCer. My daughter is beyond excited![​IMG]

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Congratulations!
    I have one white silkie and one blue. The white girl is a trip. She's a sweetie!

Post pics when you get yours. We love pictures. [​IMG]

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Congrats! The white ones seem to be hard to come by!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

WHO???? WHEN???? I have been looking for silkies like mad!!!

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    A lady in Florida is shipping them. Do you want me to ask her if she has any left? Just pm me.
    I am going to use the roo as our flock rooster too. Maybe next year we will have some silkie mix eggs!
    I cant say they are show quality or not, but thats okay with us. I like the look of them anyway.

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    pm'ed you:)

7. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Congrats! I love my white silkie... she's the sweetest little baby we have. A good mama, and a lap chicken if there ever was one. We're trying to get a good white roo for her and will be breeding her and a set of buffs in the spring!

You will be soooooooooooo pleased with your new girls. [​IMG]

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Seriously? Are you having a hard time finding them? Thats strange because White is the most common color in Silkies.....

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Seriously? Are you having a hard time finding them? Thats strange because White is the most common color in Silkies.....

I was thinking the same thing...

10. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC

I was thinking the same thing...

They are hard to find here too. There are blacks everywhere, and very low quaulity whites. I've been offered good money for my white who was a rescue, because one with a poof like mine has is impossible to find here. I also had people offering me money if she ever hatches a roo!? I figured I'd have to give one away.

I think in some places Silkies are just hard to come by at all. I saw someone who could not find a silkie for sale in their entire state just a week or so ago on here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by