GG Bobs finally hatched at day 26! *pics*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by missred871, May 13, 2010.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    [​IMG] yep after 26 days under the wonderful banty hen named momma....the babies are starting to arrive, 12 today and 10 left we have pulled out 3 bad eggs so 10 more to hatch. One has pipped....here are pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    OMG you actually did it! you hatched quail eggs under a broody hen that is awesome, everybody here keeps saying thats bad and that it doesnt work but I always thought that it'd be something cool to try, and now that I see that you were succesful Im totally gonna try it.
    Oh and BTW VERY CUTE BABY

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulations!

4. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Yeah I am soooooo excited. When you try it just make sure you remove the babies asap. That way they arent likely for the cross contamination everyone worries about. We keep our chickens as healthy as possible and try to avoid any illness but yes It took 26 day which is actually the same amount it took my first hatch of bantys last year to hen hatch but yeah SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! They are in the brooder in my room! Love the peeps throughout the night its sooooothing LOL. Good luck to all who are hatching. May you have a great hatch and prosper

5. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Congrats!!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    UPDATE!!!!!!!

Got 6 more bobs this morning! YAY! one egg left, I checked it and it looks like a keeper. we shall see today!

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I Wouldnt Put Them Near Any Other Gamebirds For A Few Weeks Just As A Precaution.

8. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    I wont be I am keeping them in the house until they are big enough for the outdoor brooder. They are way tooooo tiny to go out there now. All are healthy and happy. PS the last egg has yet to hatch as far as I know it's been 6 or 7 hours since I checked but I will see in the morning. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by