1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. YellowHouseFarm

YellowHouseFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2013
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

I have spent several days looking at all the pictures of everyones coops , I am both impressed and intimidated...my coop is a little less "stylish" than everyone else's even if I did paint it red and yellow...it looks like my Boston Terrier and Yorkie were the carpenters lol...I have been trying to come up with a name for the coop...but after seeing everyone elses im leaning towards Ghetto Coop lol...im just wondering if its inhumane to make chickens live in chicken Ghettos haha tell me what ya think!

2. BunnyMomma

BunnyMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    Hi, It looks pretty nice to me! I have several "ghetto" coops as well. But all chicken coops are beautiful with chickens in them! I do have an idea for you that you might like. I like the tarp for shade and shelter, but they don't hold up well and the wind can wreak havoc on them. Plant a couple of seedless, concord grape vines on each side and grow them across the top for shade and shelter. I have done this on one of my lots and it provides shade in the summer as well as june bugs and grapes for the chickens to eat. They love those crunchy june bugs.
    Good work on the nice chicken lot!
    BunnyMomma

1 person likes this.
  3. YellowHouseFarm

Feb 28, 2013
    Virginia
    thats a great idea I love it and it would be so pretty!...there is a roof over the coop part its a old dog pen under a half shed...but I will definatly plants grapes...im planning lots of planting this spring so I will add this to the list!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Fine looking coop! Bet the chickens don't know the difference!!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hey, I was driving way UP in the mountains today and saw a chicken coop designed from an old camper-the kind that slid in the back of a pickup. I thought it was a neat use of an abandoned object. The chickens looked purty darn happy, too! If it keeps the predators out, the looks don't really matter.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chickens aren't picky. One BYC they sometimes have contests for the best "Ghetto" coops, welcome to BYC

7. YellowHouseFarm

Feb 28, 2013
    Virginia
    thanks!

8. YellowHouseFarm

Feb 28, 2013
    Virginia
    [​IMG] thanks!

9. YellowHouseFarm