Ghost Dog?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deb1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Okay. This is going to make me sound crazy. THere might be a logical explanation. I just haven't found it yet.

I was in my hall about to step into my laundry room. I turned my head to the right and saw a canine. I assumed it was my dog, Kieba. As I turned my head, my brain realized that something was off with the dog and it couldn't be Kieba. I don't know what was off except it was standing different then Kieba does. Its head was down, lower then its shoulders, as if it was watching something-me?. The same moment the realization hit me that it wasn't my dog, I turned my head to the right and saw my own dog staring into the front room.

Confused, I entered the front room with Kieba following me. Kieba acted wary. This is unusual for my really silly dog. After a moment in the room , she walked to a spot, sniffed the air, wagged her tail a bit and laid down.

That was very odd and I have no idea what I just saw.

No, I am not doing any drugs. [​IMG]

I didn't sleep much last night, so maybe I was overtired but that doesn't explain Keiba's reaction. I can't tell you what this animal looked like, only that it was about as big as my GS mix. Although I saw it, my eyes didn't quite focus on it, if that makes sense.

Any of you have any strange experiences like this?

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] Creepy!

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I am a believer of animal spirits.

When I was on my Honeymoon in St Maartin, I told my DH that a cat had gotten into our place somehow, that I just saw it in the kitchen. Me being an avid animal lover, I walked out to look for it and there was NO cat IN our room. no way for one to get in, no way for one to get out. But I know what I saw and it was a small cat walking across the counter in the kitchen!

4. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    it's a spirit dog....seriously

5. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    It is a little freaky. I am not certain what to think. My dog obviously saw something also.

I don't think that I every heard about animal spirits before.

I should add that I wasn't frightened by the thing just surprised.

6. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Is a spirit dog different then the ghost of a dog? I didn't get any scary vibes from it. It just seemed to be watching me.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I saw a ghost once. We owned a small hardware store for awhile and one day I saw a man in a red plaid flannel coat. I was busy so I didnt go help him right away. A few minutes later I went to make sure someone else had helped him. Couldn't find him. Looked all over the store. No man. DH and DD and other employee said no one else had been in the store. I KNOW I saw him. They still think I'm nuts and no, they didn't play a trick on me or anything.

8. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    Wow. That's creepy. [​IMG]

Once, I was reading in bed, and I felt like someone was watching me. It was actually a really weird feeling, as though someone was looking directly at my back. I saw a sudden movement out of the corner of my eye, so I looked up. I saw a dark hooded figure in my mirror, and it really freaked me out and I instantaneously blinked and it was gone.

I've had a few creepy experiences like this, just whooshes of color at the corner of my eye or sudden change in temperature.

But, for some reason, I still love watching ghost adventures. [​IMG]

9. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Quote:Is a spirit dog different then the ghost of a dog? I didn't get any scary vibes from it. It just seemed to be watching me.

yes, a spirit dog is there to protect you...kinda like your guardian angel.....you will be seeing him more and more....your dog knows and thats why she/he was acting the way they did.hes friendly dont worry!!

10. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC

yes, a spirit dog is there to protect you...kinda like your guardian angel.....you will be seeing him more and more....your dog knows and thats why she/he was acting the way they did.hes friendly dont worry!!

I wouldn't mind seeing the animal again. [​IMG] It is a nice thought that I have a spirit dog. I might try and read up on which cultures believe in spirit animals just for my own information.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by