Ghost tour anyony?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by featherfinder, Oct 28, 2011.

1. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

So i love halloween but i hate talking about ghosts or anything creepy. It all just freaks me out and im just an all around big chicken! [​IMG]

But today is my mom's birthday and all i hear her talk about around halloween is doing one of the guided ghost tours we have around here. Well i finally broke down and bought 2 tickets for tomorrow night for me and her to go. [​IMG]

I know she will be really happy and ecited but im worried lol. I will be in the back cowering the whole time i just know it. Has anyone else been on a ghost tour and can calm my worries some?

Share any and all experiances you have had coming across Ghosts or anything else super natural around this time of the year or any anytime of the year. I just want to see what everyone has experianced!

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I live in Ft Riley, ghosts are REALLY common around here. At the old fire station, the parade field, doen by the river , Major Armistead visits his wifes grave side, a dog(ghost)... the historical society actually just had its yearly ghost tour . I would really love to spend the night a an old insane asylum or Bobby Mackeys music world in Wilder Kentucky. The gate is supposed to be in the basement of the club. http://www.bobbymackey.com/hellsgate.html
    Oh
    and no worries, my back then five and nine year old daughters went with me last year on the ghost tour.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  3. featherfinder

4. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
  5. featherfinder

Lol i wouldnt. I would have a heart attack and probably die! I remember howl-o-scream down here at busch gardens one year. I got draged to it by an ex of mine and his family. We went into one of the haunted houses and they thought it would be funny to run ahead and leave me alone to walk the whole thing. I was crying and screaming by the end and passed out as soon as i exited.

6. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:i love howl o scream!!!! we used to go every year. Our fam loves halloween. One year my husband was put in charge of organizing a haunted house( that was his "punishment" for over sleeping and missing PT in the army) i love building props and haunted scenes, but my bitty little frontyard is too small to do good stuff and the stuff would be blown away by the Kansas winds.

7. featherfinder

Quote:i love howl o scream!!!! we used to go every year. Our fam loves halloween. One year my husband was put in charge of organizing a haunted house( that was his "punishment" for over sleeping and missing PT in the army) i love building props and haunted scenes, but my bitty little frontyard is too small to do good stuff and the stuff would be blown away by the Kansas winds.

I love halloween to and my family always decorated the yard. We have home made coffins and monsters and tomb stones! Im kinda sad because i have no reason to dress up because all my cousins are going on their own this year and dont need me. I bought my duck a costume instread [​IMG] But yeah i enjoyed howl o scream till that house. I just cant be left alone in stuff like that. If you liked going then you should come try it now. They have a house they just started last year called Alone. You have the choice to go threw by yourself ot with a group of 3 and its made just so you get a personal experiance. Look it up. It had really good ratings.

8. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Take a look at your chickens, They Scare even Me!

9. featherfinder

Quote:I have no chickens!

Only cute and adorable ducks!!! [​IMG]

10. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    I did a ghost tour of virginia city last year. Virginia city is one of the oldest towns in the west and has been rumored to be very HAUNTED. i will say that the ghost tour was not what i had imagined it would be. It was not scary at all. i mean there were parts where i was a little creeped out being in those dark buildings at night, however the guide was very nice and made the tour more factual and historical. I learned a TON about the twn and we may have even talked to a ghost! mostly the guide was trying to make sure we werent scared because she was really passionate about the history of the town and the "ghosts" that live in it.

you will have so much fun! the worst part for me was sleeping in the old haunted hotel afterwards!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by