1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GIANT EGG!! its not a goose egg .......pic

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Miltonchix, May 5, 2008.

1. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    I can't believe the size of this egg!!
    3 inches long 6.5 inches around and weighs 110 grams (3.88 ounces) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Sounds like a goose egg! When you go to your photos in photobucket, click and copy the img code....

Oops sorry..i didn't see the pics until I refreshed the page....Not a goose egg!! Poor girl is probably walking bow legged now!!! LOL

3. Miltonchix

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Not bow legged, but she sure is hungry. Wonder why?

She always had laid extra large to jumbo eggs. But this one put them all to shame.

I should put it next to the tennis ball again and take a picture. If was round, it would be the same size.

4. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW! Nice egg!! Could I ask--what breed/kind of chicken laid that treasure?? [​IMG]
    I simply love large and over eggs! [​IMG]

5. DENALI

DENALI Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    crack it Crack It CRACK IT!!!! [​IMG]

6. Miltonchix

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Quote:I have a couple Red Stars. One lays the "normal" size (Large/Ex large) every day but the other lays, typically, a jumbo. BUT today.......WOW!!

7. Miltonchix

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Quote:I'd like to preserve it forever. But I at least have to wait for DW to see it.

8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I LOVE giant eggs, and I call them Wombos. I've had about 3 that were 3.8 ouncers, but just a couple of days ago I got one that was exactly 4.00 ozs.! I could not believe it! From Blondie, my silver EE hen. She's the best layer, most consistent, and always lays XL or Jumbo eggs for me. Then, the next day, she laid an egg (I was shocked she didn't take the day off after the 4 ounce Wombo), she laid one that was almost perfectly ROUND! Weird. Aren't unusual eggs neato?

9. Miltonchix

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Quote:They are EXTRA neato! The hen that laid it has not missed a day since she started laying in October. I'm kinda anxious to break it open and see how many yolks.

In my little picture under my "handle" she is the one on the right.

10. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Are Red Stars Red Sex links? If so none of mine have EVER laid an egg that big.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by