Giant Embden fertile goose eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by charlindabob, Jan 25, 2009.

1. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    I live in central Florida and am looking for fertile Embden goose eggs. I have hatched many eggs, but never goose eggs and I want the giant or larger Embden eggs. I don't know much about this breed of goose, but have read and heard that Embden come in two sizes, regular and giant. Somebody inform me if I'm wrong. I saw some Embden at a poultry show in Inverness, FL last year and they were huge almost 4' tall! Sure wish I could remember who had them. If anybody was there and knows how to contact that person, please email me. If you happen to have a couple of eggs or so, please email me. Shipping ok. [email protected]

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I have heard they can get as large as 26 lb. Do they get bigger than that?
    Geesezillas!

3. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    I saw one at a show once.
    It looked big enough to saddle and ride! [​IMG]

4. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Quote:The Embden's only come in one size, large. The think you maybe thinking of the Tolouse Geese, There is a regular and the Giant dewlap Tolouse. They are the largest of the geese. Our Embdens are waist high and probably have about a 5 or 6 foot wingspan. They are like any other bird, you can breed them for size.

Steve in NC

5. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    I may be way off base here and I admit right up front that I know very little about geese at all. But I thought that the Embden was the largest goose breed in height anyways, but maybe the Toulouse are heavier? Which is actually taller? And, I've heard that there is a difference in Embdens, giant and regular, but maybe I am mistaken? Does anyone know the record in weight and record in height of any particular goose? The Embdens I saw at the Inverness poultry show last year were near four foot high as I remember. They were huge beautiful birds.

6. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Our embdens do stand more upright that the toulouse so they are taller. The dewlap toulouse are heavier, they get so big they have to be bred by A/I.

I'm thinking the standard and giant embdens could be like the standard and giant cochin chickens? the standard and giant cochins are the same breed one has just been bred bigger, you can do the same thing with geese. That would be an nice embden that big!

Steve in NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by