Giant poop?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by vermontgal, Oct 28, 2008.

1. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

This AM in the coop there was a giant poop. My gals are 17-18 weeks old and typically their poops are as big around as a Bic pen. This AM, there was a poop as big around as a thick magic marker. The color was normal, with a white head on it.

Is this normal? It looks just like the other poops, just BIG.

They get various table scraps, including recently some cooked squash seeds with a little butter. How long does it take something to go through a chicken?

2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Uh yea, chickens can poop pretty big!

3. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yep VERY normal...sounds like she felt much better afterward! LOL She'll have phases of POOP...cecal, big, HUGE, small, watery. ONLY stress when she isn't acting right or bloody...they usually have a BIG poop when they are broody. BUT since she is so young...she might just be nearing laying age.

I love these poop threads!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  4. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    My bantam once pooped as big as an egg! I couldn't believe my eyes when she did it! (thanks for understanding, because this kinda talk isn't normal outside of this forum!!) [​IMG]

5. mom4morecritters

mom4morecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Northern Minnesota
    Quote:[​IMG]

Some things can only be shared on the BYC Forum. [​IMG]

~

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Sounds like they are growing up. Eventually all your girls will be grown and you will be shoveling huge droppings from the coop/run on a regular basis . . . and you will think fondly back to the days of cute little baby poops.

Treasure the moments while you can. They don't stay young forever.

7. trishok8

trishok8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2008
    Scituate
    Big yes--smelly OH YA!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by