Gibbs is home!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Avla, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Avla

Avla Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Alabama
    My boyfriend was smart and left his apartment door unlocked so when he awoke the door was open and Gibbs (our cat) was GONE! I am ticked beyond belief but too sad to care right now, I just want to find Gibbs. I posted an ad online and he told the front office and they said they will look for him and talk to everyone they can, and he walked around the neighborhood but still to no avail...he just went missing this morning, I'd rather him be stolen than ran off because at least he has a home and he's not dead. We called animal control and they said they don't pick up cats and that we just have to "hope" he will come back. When I get there Monday I am going on a hunting spree for this cat I will be posting signs and do everything in my power to find him! We are in the Auburn, Alabama area so if you see or hear anything about this cat please let me know!
    He has been a stray all his life and grew up at an apartment complex, he has a great sense of direction so we are hoping he returns soon. Jeffrey also left water and food out for him, he's wearing a neon green color too.

He has had all his shots, testing, and his neutering done and he passed with flying colors, he is playful and friendly and I just want my kitty back. I think that's all for now, just keep him in your prayers we really want him back!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Sure hope he comes home! But if his name Gibbs or Simba? Your sig mentions only a male tabby Simba?

3. Avla

Apr 5, 2010
    Alabama
    LOL. I haven't updated my siggy in a long time - I should probably do that, but it's Gibbs, we've only had him for about a month.

4. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    He sure is cute! Really hope the signs will work. Check under and behind everything- if he's been injured he will be hiding.

ETA, have a little talk with the BF about not locking the door! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    He is gorgeous, I hope you find him. Gibbs? Who is the NCIS fan? [​IMG]

6. Avla

Apr 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Thank you, there isn't a lot of places to hide in the apartment and he's usually under your heels or playing with his toys. I think he ran into the woods across the street, I was so mad at him for leaving the door unlocked because I always tell him to lock the door - I told him he would be dead if he did that again and Simba or our English Bulldog escaped!

7. Avla

Apr 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Quote:Actually, my cousin named him and we just thought it fitted him and kept it that way. [​IMG]

8. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    It does seem to suit him.

OT, but I once spent hours searching for a cat that I was sure had escaped the door- only to finally get back exhausted and distraught, no cat, hope fading, hoarse from calling. Went to get a jacket so I could continue the search... and there he was, asleep on the shelf of the closet DH had locked him in. [​IMG]

9. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Do you have a live trap you can set in the complex? That's how I got back a cat that took off after someone had given him to me. I hope you find him soon.

10. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    When we lived in town our cat got out. No one saw him get out and we didn't notice until the next morning. (he had many hiding places in the house.) I searched and called for him all week. DH and I went out of town for the weekend, but our kids stayed home w/ a sitter. Their assignment was to look for him every day. No success... DH and I got home and I was walking the sitter to her car when out from under the porch popped Sunny! Sunny formerly was a nasty cat. (We adopted him when he was too young.) I would swear this was the wrong cat except when I let him in the house he knew where the food a litter box was. Now Sunny is the nicest cat. I guess he learned that we weren't so bad after all. Anyway, he was gone an entire week and came home safe and sound. Don't give up! [​IMG] Sunny smelled like a greasy garage. He wasn't dirty, just smelled that way. I think he got locked up accidentally.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by