Gideon's a proud new papa!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by overthetop, Jan 7, 2013.

1. overthetop

overthetop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2012
    South Carolina
    Well, to all you Gideon fans, followers and lovers, I thought he deserved a new updated post - he is no longer just looking for a girlfriend - he has 7 wives, and 3 new babies!

Gideon is a most handsome rooster - it is unbelievable how much he has filled out and all the beautiful brown patches he's sporting from his EE mama. I think he is very happy here in his new home in South Carolina, with his harem of wives! And now, he is a daddy!!! Lena, the golden laced wyandotte went broody back in December, and after a few days of taking her eggs away from her, we finally gave in and let her see what she could do. We now have 3 adorable little "peeps". I am soooooo impressed with the health and vigor of these babies!!! Just goes to show you, good old fashioned broody hens left to do their thing, do it well, I guess!!

So, I just have to say, Gideon is the best rooster ever!!! He is so gentle, and such a gentleman! Thank you a million times to Speckledhen for allowing me to adopt him. He is simply a joy! And now as promised, on to the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I say handsome???

And these were just too cute not to include:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

He looks wonderful! And you have a beautiful place, too, Karla. Gideon lucked out with his new mama and his lovely new wives.

3. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Beautiful pictures and chickens! [​IMG]

4. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Go Gideon! He's a very Handsome boy, thanks for sharing.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

So, Karla, how is Gideon now? Any progress reports on his progeny? Have been thinking about you lately and wondering how you and he are doing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by