Gift for hostess of thanksgiving dinner?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wildsky, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    OK what do you guys suggest for a gift to take along to thanksgiving dinner?

We're taking a couple of side dishes, and a cake (my daughters b'day)

I'd really like some idea's for a nice little gift for all the work they'll be putting into this.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Wine
    Candles
    Bath soaps for a guest bath
    Holiday decoration of any kind
    Plant

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Geez...I need you to talk to all the people that I've cooked holiday meals for.....no one's ever brought me a thank-you gift!!!

4. debilorrah

I only bring a thank you gift if it is someone outside the immediate family that invited me. And that never happens at thanksgiving, but does for Christmas dinners. People host dinners throughout the month of December and it is only right to bring a thank you gift. It doesn't have to be more than $10 worth of something. It's the fact that you went out of your way to be thankful they invited you and that they mean something to you.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] Where's my invite I'll be right on over!

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:A plant or candles might work, they don't drink, or I've never seen them drink. I actually don't think I could FIND a pretty plant - its too close to winter.

I don't want to pick decorations for someone, cause I'm so dang picky I'd hate someone to pick one for me. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

Quote:A plant or candles might work, they don't drink, or I've never seen them drink. I actually don't think I could FIND a pretty plant - its too close to winter.

I don't want to pick decorations for someone, cause I'm so dang picky I'd hate someone to pick one for me. [​IMG]

Decoration = poinsettia.... Table runner.... Sparkling apple cider with a couple glasses.... This really is easy - open your mind. What would YOU like to receive from someone? just about anything that said they were thinking about you, right?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Trip to Hawaii, the winning lotto ticket, a new car.. the list is endless - [​IMG]

9. whatsup chickenbutt

whatsup chickenbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    and don't forget everybody's favorite, fresh eggs.

10. debilorrah

Quote:Trip to Hawaii, the winning lotto ticket, a new car.. the list is endless - [​IMG]

Geez I knew you would go there....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by