1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gift Ideas for Mid-Teens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunnychooks, Dec 6, 2010.

1. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    There is a "Toys for Tots" box at a business I go to. The sign says they are collecting for kids from toddlers to 15 years old. I noticed the toys in the box were all for little kids and nothing was for the teens. I don't have kids but would like to contribute so I thought I'd get something for the older ones. I have NO IDEA what a 13-15 year old would want! I need some ideas for boys and/or girls in that age range. Thanks!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Portable video game system, trendy jackets and shoes, CD's, nail polish, nail jewels, hair straightener, temp tattoo's, school supplies, lotions, etc. I have a boy so I know what he always wanted but I am sure you are not looking for an xbox 360 or a bass guitar [​IMG]

3. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Around these parts, they ask for gift cards for mid-to-late teens. I don't know if that helps?

Thank you in advance for your contribution to that fine effort!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I teach middle school and silly bands are very popular for that age. A lot of girls like model horses and stuffed animals into their teen years. Boys like RC trucks and airplanes into that range too. Complex lego sets would also be good for older kids.

5. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Recent DVDs; Books; trendy slippers (mukluk type are in style now); trendy hats, gloves and scarves; jewelry; wallets for both boys and girls; gift cards; makeup; magazines; craft and/or art kits; bags and purses; graphic t-shirts; Magic cards...

6. debilorrah

Quote:Do you know how much those complex lego sets cost?? The Millenium Falcon was $199.99 - he better NEVER take that apart or lose it.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I agree with the latest videos and hand held video games...
    anything that keeps them busy..

8. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I'd say fast food gift cards, as teens ALWAYS crave that junk. They have $5 McD's cards. Other than that, scarves for girls, hair and nail things, manicure sets, etc. Boys, probably video game stuff, sports card packs, etc.

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:Do you know how much those complex lego sets cost?? The Millenium Falcon was $199.99 - he better NEVER take that apart or lose it.

Wow!

10. debilorrah

Wow!

I knew you didn't know when you suggested it!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by