1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gift snaffu

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thebritt, Dec 26, 2009.

1. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    I got this great deal on fuzzy slipper/boots, so I got a pair for me and one for my 18 yr old DD. I didn't wrap mine - just wore them 1st thing Xmas morning. DD comments on how nice they are, so I tell her to open "that one", so she could wear hers too. She opens, and is happy to see them. Tries them on...one is a size 7 1/2, the other a 9...BOTH RIGHT FEET! I was shooting for size 8 - that's what it said on the box. At the check-out, she took the boots out of the box and "looked" at them, so I erroneously figured she had checked to be sure they were the same size. What a disappointment (more for me, because I wanted her to have fuzzy slipper boots for Xmas day).
    Well, all has been exchanged and made right. Apparently the store had a new shoe person there that wasn't keeping up with all the switching around that takes place during the shopping frenzy. I know, my bad for not checking myself... [​IMG]
    Hope everyone is having a good holiday season! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    [​IMG] at least you can laugh about it now. [​IMG]

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Glad everything worked out! [​IMG]

4. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I love my (fake) suede and fur boot slippers! Do your tops roll down? They make my husband laugh every time I where them.

Boy, it must have made you really really mad to put two "f's" in your "snaffu" !! [​IMG]

5. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I am glad that you were able to exchange them for the same thing! This time of year, so many things get sold out! [​IMG] I bet your daughter is excited to have the corrected pair of fuzzy slippers!!! Nothing beats fuzzy footwear this time of year! [​IMG]

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Well if two left feet means someone is clumsy, you were telling her subconsciously how graceful she really is!

7. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by