Gift Treats & Ideas for Chickens? (call me mad..)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by purplesquirrel, Nov 29, 2014.

1. purplesquirrel

purplesquirrel Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2013
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    I tried googling 'gifts and treats for chickens' but all that came up was '...for chicken lovers'

Thought it would be fun to concoct or create some sort of chicken treat, interactive if possible. Like how you would a chimp in a zoo, a challenge with a reward maybe?

Along with any one else who would like to contribute an idea, I have written a small list of ideas I thought of that I will be doing, would be awesome if anyone knew any more, just for fun :)

* Drill holes in small logs and fill with suet and seed, lie on the floor, or stake in the ground vertically.

* fill a plastic drinks bottle with seeds! drill holes and suspend from something

* pack a coconut husk with suet and seed and stale bread and hang up

Any one have more?
    Many thanks :)

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
  3. purplesquirrel

Dec 7, 2013
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Awesome thank you :)

4. spies04

spies04 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Minnesota
    These are great! Thank you for sharing!! I have challenges with boredom during the cold Minnesota winters and my egg breakage can increase. I will definitely try some of these.

5. purplesquirrel

Dec 7, 2013
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Yeh chickens look bored quite a lot, still trying to figure out if they are, or whether they are just chilling out haha. They definitely love food, and pecking and investigating, I think it helps with their bonding too :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by