*Giggle* I might have to fence in the yard...

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by cashela, Nov 15, 2009.

1. cashela

cashela Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    South Eastern NH
    So I have been letting my turkey and the rooster free range on the weekends. Apparently they went and visited the neighbors. LMAO. My stupid Labrador took off for a jaunt around the neighborhood this morning and we bumped into the neighbors while trying to catch him. While chasing the dog I hear, oh honey there is that turkey again! I was like uhm that's mine. Apparently the duo went over to the neighbors yard and she was thrilled and came out to take pics. Well my hen is very friendly and follows you every where. Well I guess she went up to the lady and the lady started to back up and my turkey started following her and as the lady got faster my turkey started running with her (something I do on occasion). Apparently the lady was very scared that my girl was trying to attack her. I was like no, she wanted to be with you.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] I can just picture it.. [​IMG]

3. SandyC

SandyC Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my turkeys liked the neighbours kids and if she saw them get off the school bus in the afternoon, would go down the street to greet them!

I"m thinking of doing so fencing too. More because of the occasional stray dog though.

Turkeys are such a hoot!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd love to get some turkeys for meat birds..but i hear that they have such great personalities that people get attached to them..*i know that would happen to me..* So..store bought turkey it is for me.. [​IMG]

5. cashela

cashela Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    South Eastern NH
    They are the best. I got mine on a whim. Have been happy ever since.

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

"Everybody loves a turkey"

Steve

7. BarbK

BarbK Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Only problem with trying to fence mine in. They will just fly over it!!!!! I can't keep the goofs in if I wanted to. At least not without taking away thier defense and trimming wings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by