Gigi the Duck

Robbie3

Songster
Apr 4, 2020
Virginia
Ok so Gigi is my little mallard that keeps flying over the garden fence in their run area. I’ve clipped wings to no avail. We went on vacation and of course she did it then. So I’ve started letting them free range in our fenced back yard for several hours. I walked by the back door and saw this. She is such a little booger! But I love them! Also, I’m going to get more females, but my boys are constantly squacking at me every time I go out. They are kinda noisy. Lol

Attachments

• 3B2E5009-D9C7-4D7E-9973-8E115AA72AE0.jpeg
    3B2E5009-D9C7-4D7E-9973-8E115AA72AE0.jpeg
    830.5 KB · Views: 18
She looks like a little trouble maker alright.. ;) I’ve got a duck that just gets out accidentally, she won’t look where she’s nibbling and then gets stuck under the fence and then gets out that way. I truly don’t think she’s conniving enough to get out on purpose lol

I have a soft net over my enclosure..It works with the chickens most of the time...but is mainly there for their protection. I gave up early on with the ducks...they free range all over the yard most of the day. But Im building a new fence and hoping that the ducks can handle being in the enclosure for a few hours a day...we have been doing construction with diggers and so forth and its just too risky for them for be waddling around at those times. Can ducks be fenced/netted in from above? Does that work or do they find a way to waddle out? Every once in a while, a chicken manages get out which always baffles and frustrates me...once out, they always act like nothing happened and that theyve been there for hours..innocently...hahahaa

I have a soft net over my enclosure..It works with the chickens most of the time...but is mainly there for their protection. I gave up early on with the ducks...they free range all over the yard most of the day. But Im building a new fence and hoping that the ducks can handle being in the enclosure for a few hours a day...we have been doing construction with diggers and so forth and its just too risky for them for be waddling around at those times. Can ducks be fenced/netted in from above? Does that work or do they find a way to waddle out? Every once in a while, a chicken manages get out which always baffles and frustrates me...once out, they always act like nothing happened and that theyve been there for hours..innocently...hahahaa
:lau

Naughty birds !

Yes, ducks manage just fine an enclosed coop - more height the better (for you, not them !).

Keep us updated please - you packs sound like a lot of fun !

Back
Top Bottom