Gil’s World - We bought a boat!

20572EDA-3B41-4C37-8E53-1DBD369C721B.jpeg 1ACC9DC3-A89B-43E5-B3C3-17104343F93B.jpeg 0B7D939F-41A9-4F6F-B86B-460998239015.jpeg We’ve been so incredibly busy this season; so much fun though!!! Here’s a few pics. All is well and Gil is excited for her party fowl pets harness/diaper to come in! Then she can roam around downstairs more often (there’s carpet all throughout downstairs); and occasionally I like to have the harness on if she’s swimming if we’ll need to leave soon and I want to easily pull her back to the boat on the leash. Sometimes she free swims without the leash and harness. She just spends about 45 minutes right out of our reach until she’s ready to get off the water 🤣 then she comes right next to the boat so we can pick her up. She avoids strangers on the water but when we had a family member that Gil is close to out on the water in a kayak, Gil happily approached her and said hello. On land she hasn’t been able to see strangers since March due to Covid. People mainly just laugh at us from afar now. Oh well haha!!! We’re living our best life.

This was a pretty cool moment. Gil finally caught a minnow in a cove! We don’t let her go off like that often chasing bugs because of predators. We walked in this cove and checked it out pretty well before letting her swim. She’s also pretty good at catching bugs mid air now! Lol her hidden talents are coming out B71B62C6-601E-4477-9D7E-85756F9E360D.jpeg
6062A8B7-B6AD-46D9-834E-152E4F96FE0D.jpeg
A7D5A844-5B4B-4DA8-901D-26450722A95D.jpeg

Hello all!!! So sorry for not updating in a while. We've been insanely busy! Luke and I are moving into our first house within the next few weeks. Most likely we'll have an indoor free range diapered duck...:lau
I have some pics I'll have to post from my phone later and I'll keep you guys updated with the house! We will be moving the pen we built to the backyard just so we can leave her outside with her baby pool for an hour or so when the weather allows/if she's eating something too messy for inside! The pen needs that final layer of hardware cloth to seal the edges still though, so that probably won't be done until next spring. We finally got our party fowl pets harness/diaper and it fits great + she cannot get it off. That's a start but we'll figure out our new routine/method. We don't want to have a duck pen just because we don't need to. She's honestly always been well behaved so with a clean, 'baby proofed' house I truly don't think it would be an issue. Gil's been enjoying relaxing in and by the creek before the water temp gets too cold for her for the year, lol! We miss you all and somehow I think Gil's adventures are still just beginning :) Wish us luck, we can't wait to share it all

Back
Top Bottom