Gimp Chicken

Superman11383

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Bunnell, Florida
i went out to the hen house this morning and noticed one of my girls huddled up in the corner keeping to herself so I went over to her and started talking to her to find out what was going on. I picked her up and noticed she was acting right. her legs were acting a little wierd so when I put her down she would try to stand up and then just kay down and keep to herself. One of my good buddies suggested she may be constipated and that might be a side effect. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Chickens do not get constipation, to my knowledge...you say this could be a side effect...of what? How old is she, what breed? Is she laying and, if so, when was the last time she laid? Do you know if she is drinking and eating? Have you separated her? Could she have injured herself perhaps flying down from the roost or something?

I was curious if the inablity to walk my be a result of constipation. She is a 6-7 week old Buff Orpington. I have not sperated her yet, I planned on doing this tonight when I got home from work therefore I am not sure she is eating or drinking. I suppose she could have injured herself flying down from the roost. Any other ideas to try and dianose the problem?

Update: Gimpy is eating, drinking, and somewhat walking. It appears that She has some kind of neurological damage. she can move her legs fine but her toes won't cooperate and it doesn't appear that anything is broken so I am stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

give her some poly vi sol I had a delaware do this and its toes curled up gave it vitamins and poly vi sol fed her eggs and high protein food for a few days and she is fine now

Back
Top Bottom