Gingerbread Cookies!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick_a_dee, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    So what do you do on a -10 out, blowing a gail, snowing like mad, country Sunday? WELL YOU BAKE GINGERBREAD COOKIES OF COURSE!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The recipe should make about 2 dozen, but we made a bunch of men, plus some stars, and doggy bone shaped ones, we would have had 2 dozen but Nacho managed to steal two whole men uncooked from the pan, naughty Labradoodle!

Ingredients

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used Robinhood All-purpose)
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup of butter, softened
    1/2 cup of molasses (I used Fancy Molasses)
    1 egg
    1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Step 1:
    In a large bowl (with mixer at slow speed if you're using a mixer, we didn't), beat flour, sugar, butter, molasses, egg, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Step 2:
    Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C. On a lightly floured surface, working with half of the dough at a time, roll 1/8 inch thick. With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into shapes. Place the cookies 1/2 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet (I used PAM on mine [​IMG]). Reroll trimmings and continue to cute shapes. Bake 8 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.

2. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I plan on doing gingerbread men when my oldest comes down to visit for Christmas.

We used to make cookies every year when he was little, I figured he might be missing Mama and want to help me bake some this year. (poor boy, we left him in Michigan and moved to Kentucky. he's almost 22 years old, btw [​IMG] I didn't abandon a younger child).

meri

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    oh you almost got me motivated to do cookies with my kids.. i just hate clean-up [​IMG]

4. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:HA HA, we didn't clean up yet... Actually, we ate all those cookies, and I'm making more for my brother to take to school for the week, and for me to take to school, and just to munch on, etc.

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I made these ... they are soooooooooo good.

I am going to make them again.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i was going to do my whole tree in gingerbread men. then my neighbor says, "That sounds gorgeous, but what are you going to do with your dog?"

duh. i have an inside dog, that can stand almost to the top of the tree. she would eat every one of them!

but, that wont stop me from baking some of them! shoot, the dog can even have one! [​IMG]

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I made some over the summer and piped little swimsuits on them. Had fun with the bikini tops.

8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I was planning on making maple-pecan popcorn balls today. I'll bet I can squirrel in some gingerbread too. It looks so good.

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Have you been hitting the eggnog kinnip....you are squirrelling in some gingerbread! Are you sure that is maple you are putting in those popcornballs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by