Gingerbread Men Cookies recipe for J0-Jo 54

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by jo-me, Dec 23, 2009.

1. jo-me

jo-me Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2008
    Sorry about the wait.[​IMG]

I can't believe I had lost the recipe from the Grandma's Molasses label to make the cookies. I tried their website and couldn't find the one we used, so I tried buying another bottle and no luck. So now I am back in Abliene, here for x-mas and asked my granddaughter if by some chance she had kept a copy of the recipe and she had saved it in the computer, so here it is.

Gingerbread Men Cookies:

8 T. butter (1 stick )
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/2 c. Grandma's Molasses
    1 egg
    2 3/4 c. flour
    1 t. baking soda
    1/4 t. salt
    1 t. ginger
    1 t. cinnamon
    1/8 t. ground cloves
    1 T. vanilla

The vanilla we did this on our own and I think this really made a big difference in the taste. It also cause the dough to be a little softer so we had to use a little more flour when we rolled them. But it was well worth it.)

Beat butter with sugar and molasses. Mix in egg. Sift dry ingredients and mix into wet mixture. Chill in freezer for 1 hour or refrigerator for 2 hrs. Heat oven to 350* Roll out portion of dough 1/4" thick on lightly floured board. Chill remaining dough. Cut with cookie cutter, place on greased baking sheets and decorated with frosting, red hots, chocolate chips, or m&m's if desired. Bake for 8-10 mins. Cool. Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by