Gingerbread Spice Pancakes?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by trainfullachickens14, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi all! We have some leftover gingerbread spice pancakes from the other day and they're kinda stale and hard and crunchy(not AT ALL like they used to be, can't even describe it other than...WOW) and I was wondering if they would be safe to give to my "Chick-ie-poos".

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I would. I feed mine all sorts of things.

3. Cool! [​IMG] I'm gonna go give them those things now! I think they're gonna go ballistic! Either that, or they're gonna go berserk! (maybe both! [​IMG] ) I'll take some pic's of them while I'm out there and then post them on this thread so you can see what they did!

4. Cowgirl75446

Cowgirl75446 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2011
    Texas
    Should be fine. [​IMG]

5. Just gave them 2 of the 4 pancakes and...well... maybe I should just SHOW you what happened...
    [​IMG] OOH, OOH... It's that feed boy! He's got something in his one hand that smells kinda like food and he's got a Shiny Thing in his other... MUST PECK!!! (that Barred Rock, Maya, likes to peck at anything shiny or expensive)
    [​IMG] (everyone at once) IT SMELLS LIKE FOOD! IT'S MINE, IT'S ALL... wait... what IS that thing?!?
    [​IMG] (Susan was circling the pancake with her eyes locked on it for like 2 full minutes)
    [​IMG] It Does kinda smell like food... maybe it IS food...
    [​IMG] HEY EVERYONE, GUESS WHAT? IT IS FOOD!!!
    When I was coming back inside they were tearing those pancakes apart! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think they liked them! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

7. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Good gracious, you must not give them many leftovers. I don't think that pancake would have even hit the ground here. [​IMG] Cute pictures!

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I bet you, they will got nutts over them!!! [​IMG] Have fun!

9. iBoodle

iBoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    Idaho
    [​IMG] They look happy!

10. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    hahah cute pics ! my chickens devoure everything! your pancake lasted a long time LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by