1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gingers new friends

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sparks134, Sep 7, 2014.

1. sparks134

sparks134 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2013
    near Wauconda, Illinois
    Lost a hen a little over 2 weeks ago, a great Barred Rock very people friendly. Picked up two new friends for her sister Ginger, a Black Jersey Giant and Brown Leghorn, two great looking birds. The Black Jersey Giant is very easy to handle, very people friendly. The Brown Leghorn is a bit skittish and very fast.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Sorry about the loss, but your new additions are fine looking chickens. Leghorns are supposed to be flighty but bet the skittish will resolve with TLC.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes, I'm sorry you lost one of your girls. [​IMG] Love your pics, they're gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

4. sparks134

sparks134 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2013
    near Wauconda, Illinois
    Thank you. The pictures don't show their true colors. They seem to be settling in much better. The Jersey is slowly getting closer, she loves grapes; but won't take them from my hand. The Leghorn is still a bit flighty but getting better, when something spooks her she is just a blur shooting across the yard. I have to keep an eye on her because she walks the fence line looking for the smallest opening to escape.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by