Girl fight!

my5hens

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
Two of my RIRs got into it today. I let them out for some run around time and the next thing I knew, two of them were sort of snipping at each other, feathers ruffled and all. It didnt look serious and it ended quickly and I dont think they really even hurt each other. One of them was my "alpha" hen.
I guess she has to remind everyone once in a while
hu.gif

I had the same thing happen when a hen who'd been away doing broody duty decided it was time to take herself and her baby back to the flock. She got into it good with one of my game mix hens. There was a little blood drawn on their combs, so I broke them up. They were fine after that and are now getting along well.
hu.gif

Last edited:
It must be the weather or something. Check out these two:

57171_img_8044.jpg

The two stared at each other in utter silence for at least a minute. Then the gal on the left lunged at the one on the right and actually knocked her off the roost!

one of my hens thaight it would be a good time to go againt my top hen because hse had a bad eye but when they were staring at each other my top hen just jamp at her really fast and she has spurs aswell and that was the end but after that she made sure every one knew she was boss

Back
Top Bottom