Girl turkey molting

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have a girl turkey who seems to be molting, is it normal for a girl to molt in March? She is about 2, or younger. I don't know for sure, some one gave her to me around Thanksgiving, and she was an adult. I have seen wild turkeys hanging out, could she be getting mated? Her feathers are missing on her upper back.

@Ashleykey I can’t quote you for some reason. Are you having the same problem with your turkey in the picture?

If so, it might be helpful to make your own thread. This one being a few years old people might skip over it and miss your reply.

Also, is your hen sick at all? He eye looks a little off in the picture. It is kinda blurry and hard to tell. Anyway you can get clear pictures in more light?

I think she is molting because I recently turned off the light for the season, my other hens are molting also...
dawnacus 566.jpg

I have a girl turkey who seems to be molting, is it normal for a girl to molt in March? She is about 2, or younger. I don't know for sure, some one gave her to me around Thanksgiving, and she was an adult. I have seen wild turkeys hanging out, could she be getting mated? Her feathers are missing on her upper back.

Back
Top Bottom