Girl, what is up with your hair?

Impress

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Gray, TN
I bought 4 little bantam cochin chicks at Springtime, they are now grown up (and I got that perfect combination of 3 hens 1 roo oh yeah!) but both of the black girls have poofy boofy heads. Did a silkie sneak in? Why do they have this hair?

94714_chickens_and_things_043.jpg

94714_chickens_and_things_003.jpg

Are they mutt cochins maybe?

Last edited:
She is a cutie. It looks like she has big fuzzy slippers on, with bed head to boot!
wink.png

I just don't understand the feathers on the feet and legs.
idunno.gif

Who ever thought that up? And why?
Seems like it would make it hard for the chicken to walk through the tall grasses and find yummie bugs to eat.

Hehe thanks, I am probably more attached to these babies than any chicken I have had, they are just so charming! Their fuzzy legs ARE downright ridiculous though. They get around just fine though, you should see my little roo whoop up on my beagle when he gets persnickety, he can run like a tiny fluffy wind!

Okay, so I went out in the chill and checked those feet. The one who is purpley in the face, her feet look like this:

94714_weird_feet_004.jpg

The one who is red in the face just has an extra toenail on a fat toe on one foot:

94714_weird_feet_007.jpg

See the two toenails? How weird is that? So is that some silkie coming out in them?

Edited because I inserted the wrong picture URL lol.

Last edited:
So I have two part silkies, one pure white bantam cochin hen, and a pure white bantam cochin roo. Not bad for $2 chicks!

Professor McWattles and the gang:

94714_chickens_and_things_004.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom