Girls acting funny

debbie_nibbles

Songster
10 Years
Jul 21, 2009
Port Angeles, Wa
I posted before but no help? I have 6 chickens, 4 are 11 months, 2 are 6 months. One of the older ones started to walk real slow, stumbling over things, and now just sits in the corner. I am seeing her drink water, and eats if I put it in front of her. That was 3 days ago, now her sister started doing the same. Both are Buff Orpingtons. The other 4 are perfectly fine. One of the sick ones actually layed an egg last night. Checked for impacter crop, nothing. Not sure what to do? Anyone else have these symtoms?

Debbie,

I'm sorry to hear that your girls are sick.

I really don't know what could be wrong. I did see that mites or worms can cause anemia and that could make them weak so a good check over for mites would be good. What does their stool look like? I am worried that one started and 3 days later, another one got sick. Could it be a vitamin deficiency? What are they eating?

I am sorry I'm no help. I hope someone who knows more can chime in for you!

Dawn

Do the mite/lice inspection right away. If they have them, you'll need to treat all of them right away and clean out their bedding, then redo it all in 10 days. If it's not mites/lice, then my best guess is worms. I would worm all of them with Valbazen and repeat in 10 days. I hope all goes well!

Back
Top Bottom