Girls are 11 weeks now.... Pics added

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Miss Lydia, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Faith......[​IMG]
    Hope ...[​IMG]
    Joy......[​IMG]
    and last but not least Opie at 17 weeks.... [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    They're gorgeous, Miss Lydia! Love them! [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Thanks East, they are huge compared to calls, and I am wanting calls too, but I love these ducks they are the bestest. Hows your lil PeeWee doing? haven't seen any pics of her lately.

4. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Get with me in the spring and I'll getcha some Call eggs for VERY reasonable price!
    BooBoo scared the mess out of me this morning, Miss Lydia. She was asleep with her eyes open laying flat out and she didn't respond when I called her. I started crying and hollering at my husband that she was dead...she wasn't she was just sleeping soundly. She almost gave me a heart attack...[​IMG]
    I like your Chocolate girls coloring SO much! She looks like a gorgeous candy bar with feathers stuck all over it. [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I am so glad she was okay, wow that would have been scary. I have read that call duck eggs don't ship well. When I went to pick up Opies harem, the fellow had calls first time I have ever seen them in person, I was just so surprised at how tiny they are and also heart sick that they weren't kept very well. But they didn't look sick, just would have liked to have seen all the animals living better. BooBoo what a sweet name.

6. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Very pretty. Thats one lucky boy.

7. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    They are so cute!!

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have a question, I know alot of people on here sell their ducks for pets, food etc. Mine are strictly pets, I am not even sure I will let any of my girls sit next year, because even though I know people eat muscovy, I find it hard to sell mine for that reason, I am worried about them not being treated humanely and It's just a quirk I have. So does anyone else have this problem or do I need to get some serious counseling? [​IMG]

9. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Nope, you're not alone. I only raise Calls and I still have all of the ducks I hatched out this spring. Why? Because I worry about them not being taken care of...people don't even eat Calls, but I fear people won't understand that they are SO prone to predation...
    I am SO choosy about the homes any of my birds go to it's ridiculous!

10. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Aren't they lovely! i adore your variety of colours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by