1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Girls are 20 weeks old ; and I need some advice

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by California Girls, Dec 29, 2009.

1. California Girls

California Girls Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2009
    Southern California
    Okay, so the time is soon to come. What I've been waiting for....eggs.
    First, I have changed the outside play to only 3 hours a day; I use to let them have full run of the yard all day, but it gets a little stinky on my patio (with all the droppings), and I want them to be in the coop a little more to 'train" for laying.
    I'm new to chickens, so what could I be doing for them that maybe I'm not already?
    Thanks, and they are a great addition to the family.

2. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    You have comfy, clean and easy to reach nests? That's all you need. They prefer a clean, comfy protected place to lay. Sometimes they will be surprised at first and not make it to the nests but they figure it out by themselves eventually.
    Good Luck! and [​IMG]

3. California Girls

California Girls Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2009
    Southern California
    Yes, and I just noticed my pic's were accidently deleted from photobucket; I'll get them on tomorrow, and you can check out my set up.
    Thanks for the help. I also put a question up on feeding and watering your flock. Maybe you can help me there.[​IMG]
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by