Girls first time outside!!! :-p (PICS)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sangel4you, Apr 18, 2009.

1. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    These are pics of my scraggly (trying to feather) 3-week old leghorns on their first outing to the outside! It was 75 and nice here today...and they LOVED it! A bit unsure at first, but they did enjoy themselves and now I'm looking over at them in their brooder...all tuckered out :) Probably dreaming of bugs, and greens, and stones to their little hearts content!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Very nice!!! They certainly look happy on that nice green lawn. I love to watch this happen...first outting!!!!

Thank you for sharing.

[​IMG]

3. Cyberous

Cyberous Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute,.. did they follow you around?

I took mine out to the bamboo patch today, they found a pile of ants and went crazy.

Don

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Those are some happy girls you've got there!

5. sangel4you

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    they did come to me at first when they were scared but after that they did their own thing...they're not really that social and I didnt have treats or anything so... I was just happy they stayed within a few yards of me!
    And thank you...they were having fun werent they? :)

6. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    so cute!! they are totally adorable.

i think i'm getting pretty good with breeds, i didn't read the paragraph at first but i looked at the pics and though, oh those look like leghorns. so i checked the paragraph and yipee! i was right!!!

7. sangel4you

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    thanks! And that's awesome!!! I'm still new and to me most of the white breed still look the same lol so I certainly wouldnt have been able to do that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by