Girls left me a Christmas present! Roo question page 2 post 12

BarbK

Songster
12 Years
Aug 6, 2007
Indiana
After waiting and waiting my girls decided to give me my first eggs this morning!!! I found 3 total.
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

Of course they weren't the only ones in a giving spirit this week. My rabbit gave me 7 healthy kits on Wednesday.
bun.gif
bun.gif

edited for spelling (must have drank to much eggnog)

Last edited:
congrats
wee.gif
use too. we got our chicks in on june 21 and got our first egg today! after waiting this long it was worth it! also our rabbit had her head stuck in the fence this morning and had a baby I didnt know she was preg... she is ok now I have a nesting box in there with everything she needs!
bun.gif
this christmas was very exciting it was also our sons first christmas he turns one on Dec. 28, so much going on

Mine had all but stopped laying (1 a day with 12 of my girls being old enough to lay) between moulting and the weather change. Yesterday and today I got 5 eggs! I guess chickens can have the Christmas spirit too!

They were hatched July 8th so they are about 6 1/2 months old.
On a side note.... I am wondering what is going on with the turkeys. I saw the tom Blue on one of my hens 2 days ago but I have not found any eggs from her. Our ground is snow covered and I have not found a place outside of the coop where she could be laying but there are no eggs inside other than the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom