Girls or Boys? Crested Cream Legbars - Autosexing

Graces chicks

Hatching
Apr 3, 2015
This is our fIrst attempt at hatching Crested Cream Legbars!!! 12 chicks hatched. I thought the autosexing characteristics woudl be easy to spot! Maybe they are to the experienced eye!!!

I can see clearly in 7 out of 12, its just teh remaining 4.....

Here are 5 obvious girls: :)

And here are 2 obvious boys :(

These 4, Im unsure about...... The one on the far right has female colouring and stripes down the back, but also a spot on the head.... so which way do I jump? The other 3 also have faint striping.....

Any of you experts out there give me your opinions?

Many thanks!

:):):):):)

This is our fIrst attempt at hatching Crested Cream Legbars!!! 12 chicks hatched. I thought the autosexing characteristics woudl be easy to spot! Maybe they are to the experienced eye!!!

Here are 5 obvious girls:
smile.png

And here are 2 obvious boys
sad.png

These 4, Im unsure about...... The one on the far right has female colouring and stripes down the back, but also a spot on the head.... so which way do I jump? The other 3 also have faint striping.....

Many thanks!

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
All of these are looking male to me, but I could certainly be wrong.

smile.png

All pullets

sad.png

These 2 are not pure legbar chicks, definitely not the black one and I have never seen a gray legbar chick like that.

These chicks all look to be male

Many thanks!

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

smile.png

Pullets

sad.png

not full legbars, but boys.

The 3 on the left are boys. The other is a girl.

Many thanks!

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Thanks for your replies.

As they developed, it was clear that the 4 'suspects' were clearly boys.

Chickin Pickin - I thought the same about the black and grey ones...... I think there may have been some contamination in the breeding.

The pullets all look to be spot on though.....

The risks of buying from unknown sellers on Ebay, I suppose!

Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom