Girls or Boys? One Girl; One Boy? HELP! Gender confusion!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Alycia, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    These two little chickies were hatched sometime in early September. They were raised by broody hens for the first few weeks, so I'm not sure exactly when they hatched. Unfortunately, they were two of 13, but during a cold day when they were kept all in the coop together, the babies broke out of their confines and were killed by the roosters, all but these two.

Since then, they've been brooded indoors without their mothers. Two of the sweetest little chicks I've ever had! They are so docile and you hardly know you have them with how quiet they are.
    However, I am confused about the gender. They are mixed breeds of Sumatra, Onagadori, Phoenix, and Silkie (whatta combination, I know! Lol.) The one gray and white looks like a little cockerel to me, but I am not sure. Let me know your opinions! Thanks. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. obe10

obe10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    i think it is to early to tell.

3. PoultryPotts

PoultryPotts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Southwest IN
    It is to early to tell unless you can vent sex them. They are so cute!!!I hope you get what you want.[​IMG]

4. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Oh, wowsers! I totally forgot about them being too young to be checked, and I don't do the vent checking either. I used to do the whole rule of thumb wing check, but that's only so effective. I'm hoping for girls. We've got so many roo's! Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by