Girls or boys?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NosiphoChooks, Nov 29, 2012.

1. NosiphoChooks

NosiphoChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    These are my two newest babies, they might still be a bit small to tell but thought with all your wisdom you guys might know! Excuse the state of the lavendery one he/she had just been eating/flicking mash all over the place. I was sold them as aracuanas, they are starting to get ear tufts and pea combs is that right?

they are actually a bit bigger now if that would help in sexing? these pics are about a week old.

Sorry for all the newbie questions! And thanks in anticipation of your replies. xxx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    what country you in

3. NosiphoChooks

Nov 2, 2012
    the UK

4. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    well than the breed looks right they are different looking here in the usa

5. NosiphoChooks

Nov 2, 2012
    Ah right ok, in what way? Do you by any chance have a photo of what the ones in USA look like as a comparison? Trying to learn all I can. I thought the two looked very different though, I got them from a hobby breeder at 3 weeks old. In my head I think the lavender one is a cock and the gold laced one a hen but thats based purely on the difference in their shapes.

6. NosiphoChooks

Nov 2, 2012
    Anyone want to hazard a guess at sexes?

7. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the top two are pure, just no tuffs. ours are tail less and can come tuffed or non tuffed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he is a mix, the blue roo above is his dad, but he has the tuffs

8. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

What age are they?? And very pretty ones too..

...oh and im glad there is another person from the uk as crazy about chickens as me [​IMG]

9. NosiphoChooks

Nov 2, 2012
    I love my chickens! I've not been keeping them long only about 4 months. My OH thinks I'm mad! Well the guy I got them from said they hatched on 27th of September but they look quite small! That would make them about 8weeks, these photos are from about 6 weeks I think. They have much more feathers now and are more and more cheeky each day! Ramirezframing - when do the ear tufts get huge like the second roo's? The lavender one has little ear tufts now but not sure when they will really come through. Still no guesses on sexes or should I get more recent pictures?

10. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    need more recent pictures

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by