Girls running wild outside (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AngieChick, Jul 10, 2008.

1. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Here are my girls, a bit over 3 weeks old. We finished the coop (yay!) so they are out and loving it. I must admit that I'm a bit nervous, but they seem to be healthy, happy & loving life.

They are staying in the coop tonight with their brood light. We have company coming and need to integrate the girls to the great outdoors before they all show up.

Loving the sun:
    [​IMG]

Easter Egger with cute little fuzzy cheeks
    [​IMG]

Another EE, this one loves to jump up on me whenever possible (and almost always let loose with an icky poo right before jumping off [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

EE dubbed "chicken hawk" by my hubby & sons, she's very friendly and loves to perch on our shoulders. Though she's a bit of a brat to the other girls.
    [​IMG]

We love our girls, it was worth the 3 weeks of sheer torment to build their coop. We have 9, originally 10 but one was a total twerp and a bully, so she was rehomed with a friend recently that has a lot of acreage and free roaming chickens. Her silky (who I guess is a great mom) has been broody, so she slipped her the chick this week. The funny thing must have been so desperate for a chick, she totally accepted this big 3 week old girl and both are elated with the arrangement.

We will be keeping 6 total (4 EE & 2 Golden comets), the other 3 will be going to friends that are eagerly awaiting their arrival. We originally were only going to keep 4, but you know how that goes.....

-----Angie

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I sure do know how that goes! We planned on 6 and now we are keeping 21 LOL

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    What cute pictures .. you really portrayed the 'essence' of chickhood!

4. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Thanks for the comments, photographing happy running chicks is much more of a challenge than I thought it would be. Those buggers are FAST!

5. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    They look great! Our chicks are just about ready to "move-out" from the house. Your photos are better than mine, but our 3 week chicks look silimar. We have 4 Aracunas and 1 Buff. [​IMG]

6. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Awww, they're beautiful! What nice photos...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by