Girls want a "chicken/rooster" weather vane...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Momagain1, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    kinda like an 'older" one...not the cheap plastic they have now w/the cutesy designs...

I am having a hard time finding one at a decent price...

2. mcfarmall

mcfarmall Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2011
    I saw some on Amazon or eBay for between $28.00 to $750.00. You are probably leaning toward the $750 one right?
  3. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    I have been looking too. I see ones with horses all the time on CL, but not any roosters. I've been contemplating if I could make one somehow out of hammered copper? On the same note though, I did score some nice cast iron rooster door stops that are goin to look great on my coup. I make it a habit of searching most every morning for the the word "chicken" on CL. Never know what you might find.
  4. rainierlass

rainierlass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2010
  5. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I got one.. from Home depot.. under 50 bucks.. it is not plastic.. its just simple.. like a black wrought iron... its still waiting to be installed...

good luck
  6. ChickenLoverChrista

ChickenLoverChrista Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2010
    Fort Pierce, FL
  7. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Quote:that one is adorable! I agree with Moetrot, I am always looking for "chicken" things on CL..
  8. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    So funny you posted this! I was just planning my new coop. It's going to be next to my horse barn so I'm thinking of making it a smaller scale replica with a cupola and a weathervane... Our horse barn has a horse weathervane so I want to do a chicken one on the coop [​IMG] I haven't started looking to much yet but if I find a good source I'll add it to the list!
  9. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I got one from Southerlands (I think it's local, kinda like Lowes or something though) for about $30 in the outdoor/garden type section, it was near the outdoor thermometers and things of that nature. It's black, metal, and has a rooster on it.
  10. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Quote:oh yes...I mean the $28 is crap and I'm sure the $750 one is lined with gold...and will pay for itself in years lol..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by