Girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JessicaQ, Oct 6, 2013.

1. JessicaQ

JessicaQ New Egg

Oct 2, 2013
    Hi there, can you tell me if my EEs are girls? Also, what breed is my little black hen? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And how about this Lil red head? What breed? Thank you so much!!
    [​IMG]

2. chippysmom327

chippysmom327 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2012
    Apollo, PA
    I'd say all girls. As for the last one, I think she's just an adorable little barnyard mix.

3. JessicaQ

JessicaQ New Egg

Oct 2, 2013
    Thank you!

4. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

They are all hens, your red hen is probably a barnyard mix. Does your black hen have feathered feet? If not she could be a Black Australorp or another black chicken breed.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  5. 1876 Farm

1876 Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

You may want to compare your black hen to the following breeds: black star, black australorp and a black copper marans. I had black australorp about 5 years ago and just remember them being black. I currently have black stars (a couple totally black, while others have copper around their head and neck), but each black feather is a iridescent green or blue color. A beautiful bird.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All of your birds are pullets. The black one might be either an Australorp, Jersey Giant, Java, or Orpington, if she has no feathers on her legs. If she has feathers, she might be a mix, maybe with some Langshan or Marans in her.

7. JessicaQ

JessicaQ New Egg

Oct 2, 2013
    No feathers on her legs:) she is small too about the size of our silkies...thanks everyone! None of these girls are laying though, hmm...

8. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    I definitely agree that they are all pullets. I can't help with the red hen but the black doesn't look like my Australorps, they are super tall with grey legs. That top EE is gorgeous!

9. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe an Old English Game bantam then, though the body structure doesn't exactly fit.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  10. 1876 Farm

1876 Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

How old is your black hen?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by