Girls?

JessicaQ

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 2, 2013
Hi there, can you tell me if my EEs are girls? Also, what breed is my little black hen?

And how about this Lil red head? What breed? Thank you so much!!

They are all hens, your red hen is probably a barnyard mix. Does your black hen have feathered feet? If not she could be a Black Australorp or another black chicken breed.

Last edited:
You may want to compare your black hen to the following breeds: black star, black australorp and a black copper marans. I had black australorp about 5 years ago and just remember them being black. I currently have black stars (a couple totally black, while others have copper around their head and neck), but each black feather is a iridescent green or blue color. A beautiful bird.

All of your birds are pullets. The black one might be either an Australorp, Jersey Giant, Java, or Orpington, if she has no feathers on her legs. If she has feathers, she might be a mix, maybe with some Langshan or Marans in her.

No feathers on her legs:) she is small too about the size of our silkies...thanks everyone! None of these girls are laying though, hmm...

I definitely agree that they are all pullets. I can't help with the red hen but the black doesn't look like my Australorps, they are super tall with grey legs. That top EE is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom