Give A Day, Get A Disney Day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by australorpchick, Jan 5, 2010.

1. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Have you guys heard of this? I saw a Disney commercial over the weekend, wherein it was mentioned that if you donate a day of your time, Disney would give you a 1-day ticket to one of their parks. I looked it up and it's for real. We were already planning to go to Disneyland this summer and this is perfect for us. I researched our area and my family is going to make some blankets for Project Linus. PL gives out blankets to children who have been traumatized or are in need. I've been thinking about picking up crocheting again, so this gives me an excuse. I think I still have a bunch of hawaiian print squares, so maybe I'll try my hand at a very east quilt too. The whole family is looking forward to working on our blankets. We also want to sign up for doing lawnwork for military families. DH loves working in the yard and the girls are pros at weeding. My daughters have to do community service activities for their Honor Society and this website helped us find organizations in our area.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thats a neat offer! It sounds like it will work out perfectly for you and your family. It will also be a fulfilling experience. Have fun!

3. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

I sure wish you were closer to me. You guys sound like the ideal neighbors to have! Good luck with your projects and have fun at Disney. I do have one question.....how in the world do you get teenage girls to WEED? [​IMG] Terri O in WI

4. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Quote:I think that since DH is always working on the yard and I'm either playing with chickens, building something or working on the garden, they think it's the norm. We sure aren't going to tell them any different!

P.S. - Their yearly Spring Break chore is to paint the fence of our five-sided, 1/3 acre lot. [​IMG]

5. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah...It is the norm for ME, but for no one else in this family! I guess they would rather play computer games than do much else. So sad...maybe in my next life? Terri O in WI

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by