1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Give me your favorite recipes!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by theemerichfam, Jan 2, 2016.

1. theemerichfam

theemerichfam Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2015
    Schuylkill County, PA
    I am looking for new things to put on the menu, and everything I find, I get the stuff and then resort back to the same old. Share with me your favorites !

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Here's my menu for the week....

Okay, menu through the 9th...
    peach bbq chicken thighs, carrots/salad, corn muffins
    pork steaks rice a roni peas
    one of my previously prepared chicken crockpot meals from the freezer
    Mexican bar (basically nachos for the carbers, taco salad for the low carbers)
    pork roast with carrots, mashed taters
    tilapia rice salad
    lasagna
    chicken broccoli casserole
    beef and veggie soup. Some biscuit or muffin to go with.

Most things there don't really need a recipe if you're an experienced cook. This was my first week back to doing menu planning so I kept things pretty simple.

the peach bbq chicken is from Pioneer Woman--check out her site if you've never been there. She has amazing recipes! This one is basically oven baked chicken with your favorite bbq sauce (bottled or home made, doesn't matter) with peach preserves and garlic added. It's fantastic!

Let me know if you want more info on any specific dishes.

3. Floof

Floof Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2015
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I love Ree's recipes, and her writing. I hardly ever buy cookbooks, but I did purchase her most recent. My family is a big fan of her recipes, but I don't always tell them. I let them think it's all me [​IMG]

5. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

I <3 Ree!
    I have all her cookbooks and visit her blog just about daily.

6. HensAmongCedars

HensAmongCedars Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    South Seattle
    Try the Homesick Texan blog. I adore all her recipies, but the cheese enchiladas are to die for and pretty easy. Carnitas are amazing, too and I make mine in the crockpot. Actually, I cook in my crockpot more than in the oven.
    http://www.homesicktexan.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by