give me your opinion... about duck shoes...

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm ordering neoprene to make duck shoes, and i would lie your guy's opinions on the color...

why duck shoes? Well, i'm making them for a couple reasons... for people with indoor ducks like me... my ducks feet get all ripped up when they go for walks outside on the concrete. i also have runners who tend to just get boo boo's on their feet from running everywhere.... BUT the main reason for making shoes (to sell on my currently being built website) is for ducky feet injuries. many of us have had experiences with bumblefoot and other feet injuries... the shoes i am making will help indoor and outdoor ducks feet heal with getting super dirty or poopy. it will protect the foot from new cuts or pokes from the hard ground and will serve as some cushioning for a healing foot. it will also help keep bandages from falling off, esp during wetter conditions.

I originally got the idea for duck shoes when my poor mingmei suffered a serious bout of bumble foot and nearly died. she went through 2-3 weeks of healing and keep her confined and keeping her bandages on was difficult. they got wet and fell off... i worried about her stepping in her poop and getting her newly operated on foot dirty again and getting another infection.

Anyways, what i'd like to know is, if you needed duck shoes for an injury, would you rather have the shoes be a color that blends in with the duck? say a dark brown,black,orange etc? or would you rather have it be a bright color so it's easy to spot from a distance (to make sure it's still on) like red, blue, yellow? even with the shoe on, those rascally ducks can wiggle them off sometimes, so would you rather be able to spot easily if it's still on?

Neoprene is rubber they make wet suits out of and it a great material for the shoes, but it only comes in huge sheets and it's expensive. luckily i could make many many shoes out of one big sheet, thus keeping costs down to a minimum for buyers. they are not too time consuming to make so i could offer them for about 5-6 dollars for a pair, including the shipping (in the us). But i'm am only going to buy one sheet to start off with...

If i did go with a bright color, i could get my neoprene black on one side and the color on the other, so i could offer black shoes or brightly colored shoes, with the opposite color being on the inside... what do you think about that?

If i go with a bright color, which color would you think is the best? i can get red, blue, yellow, fushia, neon green, etc.... any and all opinions would be great!

I think it's a good idea. You would probably do even better if you also made chicken shoes. I think bright on one side, dark on the other would be the best way to go.

good idea

i agree with rainplace dark on one side bright on the other
smile.png

any requests as to which color i go with? i was thinking either yellow blue or neon green... i'm trying to think of the brightest color that will stand out compared to the ground...

Smart getting some with black on one side and a color on the other.

I say neon green or blue. I agree the yellow would show dirt too easy. And pink...well, some guys might not like pink for an injured drake!

Back
Top Bottom