1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Giving a Free Chicken Diaper Pattern w/ pix

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ButtonQuailBoy, Jul 7, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thank you BQB now I see, the elastic is pretty much on the back of the bird and the body suit covers the breast area (low cut version) [​IMG]
    NOW it makes sense

Thanks alot [​IMG]

2. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I guess I'm just slow this morning but I don't know what these are for??? I appreciate all the hard work though in showing the how-to.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I don't need one - but really fantastic of you to share!

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    ARRRRG!
    The bonehead e-mail security Nazis deleted the e-mail attachment!

[​IMG] I have firewalls.
    I'll get it at home.[​IMG]

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    THANKS, BQB!! Don't know if I'll be able to use one, since I don't think hubby will take kindly to a chicken in the house....but what he doesn't know won't hurt me LOL!!!!

6. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Thanks BQB.... I have a rooster that is an outcast... a big RIR.

I think I might try making him a diaper. My husband thinks that it's hookey.. but once he sees the freedom....

I figure I can find a manly material... I hope at least.

7. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I love the chicken diaper idea..(My daughter couldnt stop laughing, she thinks we already have a zoo with 2 doxies, 1 cocker spaniel mix, 2 cats, 1 bird and 1 rabbit and in the process of building my coop.) Thank you so very much for posting the pattern, I'm sure at some point I'll need it.

8. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Thanks for the pattern BQB! My poor bald-headed polish needs a diaper badly until she's healed up and the cochin babies are ready to go into their own coop together.

*Edited to add my question...*

Can you or someone tell me exactly what to measure and what to adjust to make this fit? And I'm still not exactly sure how it goes on. Maybe once I have it made it will be self-explanatory, but I'm not visualizing it all yet. Does anyone have a more clear picture of their chicken wearing one?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  9. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    I'd say measure the chickens waist and neck...I'm not exactly sure how to measure it all out though...For i only took a flightsuit and put the pattern up...I made one but I just guessed on it...LOL!

How it helps!

10. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    HI, I downloaded the pic. Thanks. When my girls are a little bigger I'll make them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by