Giving a Free Chicken Diaper Pattern w/ pix

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ButtonQuailBoy, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    Do you all really diaper your Chickens,oh my dear sweet GOD now I've heard it all,I truly feel as if I have learned something new today
    I'm Sorry it just so funny a chicken in a diaper whats next ???? LOL [​IMG] chicken diapers [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  2. luvarabhorses

luvarabhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Hector, Ar
  3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    OK now if I diapered all my chickens, then you could really laugh... I can just imagine 47 chickens running around my house in diapers [​IMG].

When you've got one bird who's injured or has some other reason for being unable to be with the flock, and you've used up all your other options... you go for a chicken diaper if you don't want to re-home the bird.

4. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    I reallt don't mean to laugh and it's very nice of her to share her pattern but Chickens in diapers just blows my mind [​IMG]

must admitt it cute [​IMG] but please don't tell anyone I said that I have a rep to keep up [​IMG]

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    LOL I know about the reputation thing - I make sure my diapered chicken is closed in a room away from people when we have company. [​IMG] My husband would die if everyone around here knew I currently have a house chicken!

But here on BYC, I know I'm in friendly company with other chicken nerds like myself [​IMG] ... so I don't worry too much about my rep!

6. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Quote:Thank you for posting this pattern. I have a lame chicken that gets picked on so she is a house chicken now. She has been content to sit in the corner of the kitchen on her bed. Now her leg is getting better and she is starting to wander. So I think its time to break down and make a diaper so we can both be happier.

If you would have told me last year that I'd be making chicken diapers, I would have told you to get you head examined. Oh well, what's that saying about eating your words? [​IMG]

7. ktkoenig6

ktkoenig6 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2010
    thank you sooo much! im about to go make one RIGHT NOW for my 6 week old. haha im sure shell love it...

8. shinylizardwing

shinylizardwing Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Thank you!!

I will soon be making a fancy diaper for my young serama and maybe making some new duds for my parrot!

9. Carol.in.WV

Carol.in.WV Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    Pendleton County, WV
    Quote:I have about 50 chickens so I don't diaper them all just when one is injured and needs special care or one of my special pets I want to keep on my shoulder. It sure beats having chicken poop running down your neck. I spent about 6 months coming up with my 2 designs for chicken diapers and don't have a pattern ready to share yet because they are a bit complicated but work great. I make and sell chicken diapers which you can see on my website: Chic Chix Chicken Diapers.

10. cindy99

cindy99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    Oh my. I might HAVE to have one of them!!!!!!!!!! I joke with people and tell them that we put diapers on the chickens - now I might have to actually try it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by