Giving a speech for class on Monday....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Petej, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    I will be mentioning BYC in the speech. I want to thank all of you who have helped me so far.

The topic is "How to raise a chicken"

Must be 5-7 minutes in length.

My brooder sounds like a wild party at the moment, plus I'm getting the 'Bator ready for another batch here soon!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:PeteJ-I'm glad you are finally admitting the problem. [​IMG]
    Getting the incubator ready for another hatch...what are you man, crazy?
    I'm just kidding, Pete, good luck with your speech-let us know how it goes! You picked a great topic-there is so much information and so much to know about chickens that it should be pretty easy to do a 5-7 minute speech on them.

3. Petej

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    There's so much Info that I'm having trouble keeping it under the seven minute mark! [​IMG]

I'm having fun with this one too. I can't stand up and go "blah, blah blah". I have to make people laugh and have fun with it.

Best part is, though it could be the worst part, is I get to bring in the Chicks. Their too little to stay in the car for the class that I have before speech. I have to bring them in to Math class with me, so I have to keep them quiet somehow..... Keep in mind my hoodlums havce hit the teen-age party stage. LOUD peeping 24/7! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll have to cover the cage with a towel or something so they think it's dark.....

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    That is so cool, your teacher sounds like fun!! I love it that you want to bring humor into your speech. Who knows..........you might spark the chicken intrest in someone else. [​IMG]

5. RoeDylanda

RoeDylanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Central CT
    So you're telling us that before your speech you have Chicken Math? [​IMG] I am very sorry, snowed in and could *not* resist.

6. Petej

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Quote:That's the hidden agenda! [​IMG]

Quote:I have chicken math, and I suck at it! I inherited 30 birds, now have incubated and hatch 7 more. On top of that, I had six quail and hatched 8 more! Ack!! The birds are taking over, AND I LOVE IT!!

My teacher is a ton of fun. Hence when the class syllabus was handed out it said the FUNdamentals of public speaking. [​IMG]

I'm enjoying the class and am working in some BYC info as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by