Giving anything to your postal worker?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    So, I've been thinking about it, and I think I finally know what I'm going to set out for our mail carrier. She's a real sweetheart, and when we're out, she always stops to talk and just loves the birds. I'm thinking about setting gifting her a candle, two bars of soap and a dozen eggs from the ladies. Since we only have a regular mail box, I don't know exactly how I'm going to do it, but I'll figure something out. Does anyone else gift their mail carrier anything for the holidays? What do you gift?

2. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

It's my understanding it's illegal to give them gifts.

3. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    DD's girl scout troop just gave gifts to their letter carriers and on Monday they are delivering gifts to the PO in town to all of the employees.

It is illegal to give them CASH. but gift cards and gifts up to $20 are fine.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

A piece of my mind... If I could figure out which one is putting everyones mail in the wrong boxes.. We keep having diffrent mail carriers. We also keep having to drive to other peoples houses to get our mail or take theirs to them...

5. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Sounds like my regular postal worker trained yours. If I could have mine submit to a brain scan he'd be declared dead and carted off in a heartbeat....

6. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I have a PO Box.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Our mailman does/has done a great job for many years. Yes, I will be gifting him in the same manner I have for the past 20 years. Illegal? Too late to change now. [​IMG]

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Our mail carrier is also our sheep shearer... So he gets TWO plates of cookies!! One addressed to the sheep shearer, one to the mailman. [​IMG]

9. Chick N Haus

Chick N Haus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2012
    Bigfork, Montana
    We give our mail carrier a plate of cookies. She does a good job.

10. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

We have 2 great mail carriers, I make them a couple of loaves of home made bread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by