Giving away KC drakes

AnaD

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
N. Ca
I have turned to freecycle since I can't seem to get rid of my 11 week old Khaki Campbell drakes on craigslist. Sure enough, I got 3 responses right away! Now I am wondering how I should go about deciding who to give them to. One person provided no information about themselves. Another person said they have a farm with a lot of space. The last person says that they have a pond and some ducklings in a brooder. I'm leaning towards the last because they already have ducks.
What should I ask in an email response to be sure they will be a good home?And last...
Should I tell them to come pick them up or should I drop them off (which would be easier)? I don't know if we have anything here large enough to transport them.
sad.png
I'm gonna miss the buggers.

Oh wait! I have to add that I have one female that has grown up with the boys and two baby girls about 3-4 weeks old. When should I trust them to get along (I'm afraid the girl might nibble them to death considering how interested in them she is)?. Right now I am enough deterant to keep the duck at a safe distance from the babies during free range time (for my six chickens and ducks). Will the drakes leaving have any impact on the female getting along with the ducklings?

Back
Top Bottom