Giving away my boys.... :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tripp16, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok Im a little sad....Im giving away mylittle cockerels Paislee and Jack. [​IMG]

I love the lttle guys but cant keep them. Im meeting someone later to take them... [​IMG]

Anyone else feel like this?? [​IMG]

2. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't had to do that yet, but I'm sure I would feel the same way. The little roos just have so much personality. I have 11 5-week-old Cornish cross roos that I am raising for meat, but they have endeared themselves so much to me, I don't think I can do it. I have 31 chicks altogether, but the CX are the sweetest and most lovable of all of them. I was determined not to get attached to them, but their personalities made that impossible. [​IMG]

3. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    I'm looking at having four 5 1/2week old big combed White Leghorns - and I know I'm right there with you. We hatched these guys and it will be so hard to get rid of them. We could keep one, but not 4. There's only 1 in the flock with a little comb and I presume it's my only pullet. So not looking forward to telling the kids either.

4. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    I gave away my roo Jack at 15 weeks to a lovely family just down the street where I can visit him any time I like...and I still cried like a baby after. Felt I had failed him...

5. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Oh I am feeling the SAME WAY!!!! I feel like I have disappointed them! I havent even given them away yet! The little Duckwing "Jack" could careless about me but the BB red "Paislee" is soooo sweet!!! He soo good with the little girls!! [​IMG]

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Oh yes - our little d'uccle cockerel wasn't too bad, because my brother took him, so I can see him from time to time when I visit back home. But my little silkie cockerel was a hard one for me to rehome. He was such a cute, quirky little bird. To be honest, I STILL sometimes regret giving him away [​IMG]

7. LovinChicknFarmn

LovinChicknFarmn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    North Carolina
    We're getting ready to give up three Japanese-Old English Game Bantam roos. We can't have tim in the city. We're keeping their two sisters. Two are going to a friend who lives in the country and has a ton of chickens, so they'll have a good home. The other is going to another friend who is one of the biggest chicken lovers I know. But, knowing they are going to good homes doesn't make you feel any better! You love them since you've been taking care of them for weeks and weeks! I understand.

8. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Glad Im not the only one... [​IMG]

9. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    I could never let my Ameraucana cockerel go ! He is such a good boy when it comes to protecting his girls, and he is just so colorful. Besides, I love to hear his crow.
    [​IMG]

10. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    I remember you posted their photos awhile back - so cute. I was really hoping something would change, and you'd be able to keep them. So sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by