Giving away some Roos. Charlotte area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CoyoteMagic, May 24, 2008.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I've got 2 RIR roos, and one Black Giant Roo (or at least I'm told it's a black giant go him at a fed store) and possibily a few more. They are 11 weeks old. Just outside of Charlotte, NC near the town of Stanley/Mt. Holly. Will be available all this weekend if you want to help me round them up! Too many roos for my little bit of room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS I have 3 more (that I know of) but I don't know which 3 of those are going to go bye-bye as of yet. May have more later

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Not interested in the roos, but is that Golden Comets int he background?

Hope you can rehome your roos, they are very nice looking.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Thank you. They are really good looking boys!

The girls are red sexlinks. It's interesting how they are all marked differently. One lots of brown/red another mostly white. They were all suppose to be pullets. I got a roo out of that bunch too! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Fudge Swirl. I think we are keeping this one. Hubby likes him.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  4. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Don't feel bad, out of 45, suppose to be, pullets I have wound up with 3 roos. Not bad but gotta get rid of one beings I down sized to about 25 now.

I have Golden Reds that l;ook exactly like that, they are such beauties. Mine have more of the brown/red color in them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Out of 12 straight run, I think I have 1 pullet!!

6. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Well, that's great. Gumpsgirls bought straight run fromTSC (which I don't like to go to) and she had 8 roos out of 12. I bought one of hers thinking I might not get any roos but, now I have a total of 4 and I either have to get more chicks or sell some roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by