Giving chicks away tommorow- UPDATE There gone.

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
My mom's co-worker has a lot of chickens. he just got some meat chicks from the school. he lost a couple of his layers and it makes me sad when people accidentley get meat birds. I told my mom I would give him one. So tommorrow one of my 6-week red sex-link pullets will be in a class room in a public school. I don't know how to mark the one to give away or how to pick which one to give away. I will give it food and water for the day. It will have no heat though, but it will be inside in a classroom so I'm not too worried about it. I just hope the guy has a heat light, food, and other necissary things for a chicken to have. Can I mark the chick I am giving away with a washable marker? just a little streak on the head. I am so sad but in return I get to have my guitar re-strung and tuned.

Last edited:
Can you write up information on a card for him so that he cares for the chickens properly. it would be good for the students too. Will you get them back later this month when they're out of school?

You can mark them with a marker. I was gong to suggest two because one will be very lonely. Maybe you can get them back when the class is done with them, since they can't keep them at school forever.

Good for you to offer some of your chicks to them.

Maybe I typed this wrong. The man is looking for a few more layers he has 10 and wants 15 more. They are being transported through the school. I will never see the birds again

Well it is sad to rehome animals, but if you have farm animals, it is often something you must do. I sold five of my hatched chicks yesterday, and although the lady had a pretty good booder set up, it was outside under a covered porch and horribly drafty. I was just glad my chicks are 3 weeks old, and will probably be fine. Sorry you have to give up some of your babies
sad.png

Maybe separate the two you want to send so they are together but seperate from the others?

Send a note card on their care with them and let him know they are your pets and worry about their care. Ask him to call you and let you know they are okay.

He should appreciate your concern.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom